The Best Brickell Penthouses for Sale
The Best Penthouses in Brickell
Many of my clients are asking me why it is a good idea to invest in a penthouse and what are the best penthouses in Miami. I’m summarizing my answer in the below blog.
Miami’s Best Penthouses for Sale
What are the best penthouses in Miami depends on what the buyer is looking for in a condo. As a realtor and market analyst I can only advise my clients based on the numbers and provide them with my highly successful set of ‘Investment rules‘. As I mention in my article “What Miami real estate not to buy” it is essential to look for unique features in a condo.
Generic condos are never a good idea. You do not want to have a standard condo that provides for less desired features or features that are easily copied. Unique features to look for are waterviews, large balconies or terraces, high ceilings, corner units, condos with few units per floor or high-end finishes. These are the main features which buyers are looking for and these are the characteristics that make a condo sell in any market.
3 Bedrooms | 3,5 Bathrooms | 2,951 Interior SF
Listed for $3,095,000
Magnificent Penthouse with 1,750 SF of terrace; arguably the largest terrace in Brickell! The owner spent over $400,000 on renovations. The unit has a new and open floor plan including a new and spacious, open kitchen with oversized granite counter top, custom made cabinets from Spain, Miele appliance, integrated top-of-the-line coffee machine, soft touch Miele wine coolers, new flooring, new bathrooms and new lighting. The unit features 3 terraces allowing you to enjoy the most exclusive outdoor experience with city and ocean views. The bright and spacious living area offers soaring 24ft ceilings with direct ocean views, and 12ft ceilings on the 2nd floor. Finally there are surround sound systems inside & outside and high-impact windows. This is a very unique unit in one of the best buildings on Brickell Key!!
This condo really offers a unique value and meets my purchasing criteria.
- The condo is located on the gated island of Brickell Key. As the word island implies, space is limited and therefore supply is limited. The demand for properties on Brickell Key on the other hand is high. This exclusive island is steps away from the busy Brickell core and its financial centrum yet feels completely secluded, quiet and private.
- Many families choose to live here for the quality of life, safety and green spaces.
- Brickell Key condos see a much higher amount of home owners who actually live in their units which is not very common in Brickell. As one can imagine, life long owners increase the condo’s value compared to temporary renters
- The key is located in the Bay with unobstructed views over the water and the city
- Good 3 bedroom units are scarce in Brickell, especially those in large size units like this 2,818 SF unit
- The Carbonell condo has been standing out in the crowd for more than 10 years and is more than a temporarily fashionable condo. Carbonell is seen as a high-end product and attracts a sophisticated crowd who wants the condo life without having to sacrifice living space and privacy
- Speaking about unique features this penthouse unit comes with a 1,834 SF rooftop terrace!
- This condo is unique with its 24 Ft ceilings in the living room which is rarely seen in Miami let alone in Brickell.
The Miami Condo Market
Many mainstream media outlets are reporting on the Miami condo market. Many of these reporters do not live in Miami and generalize the entire market to attract the readers attention. They are either extremely bullish or bearish, there seems to be no grey area, which makes some buyers unnecessarily hesitant.
The truth is that the market is one of a very complex dynamic and cannot be summarized by a sexy headline of a couple paragraphs of second hand narrative. Writing about a market that you clearly don’t know is dangerous and trying to sum it up in a few lines can only be misleading. The truth is that held within every market is a complex dynamic and the neighborhoods and price submarkets vary so enormously, that it is impossible to write just one article on it. You must not only study a large number of variables, but must also be speaking to a lot of buyers and sellers to get a true sense of where things are moving.